Snap front robes have been one of the most stylish and comfortable house clothing, especially for women.
In recent years, more stylish pieces are designed, away from the conventional cotton robes to fleece snap front robes; away from the usual long robes to short robes. It is then left for you to make your choice on the best snap front robe for seniors.
Why are they called Snap Front Robes?
They are called ‘snap front’ as a way of telling the location of the fasteners. The snaps (a type of fastener) which are used to keep the robes in place are usually positioned in front of the robe. However, numerous designs come with buttons or zips or ropes instead of the conventional snaps.
They are called robes because they are usually made long and loose-fitting. So, you can call them snap front robes or robes with snap front. However, it is more convenient and common to call it the former.
What are snap front robes used for?
Snap front robes were primarily made for indoor use, but as time progressed and the need for comfort even out of the homes increased, new designs were made to serve outdoor purposes as well.
- Bathrobes: they are used as bathroom robes, but this will depend on the material the robe is made of. Cotton absorbs water efficiently and keeps the body dry. Fleece snap front robes do something similar to cotton robes. It doesn’t absorb water, but it wicks water away from the skin to the air
- For sleeping: they are comfortable and light. These make them suitable for sleeping
- Home cloth: snap front house robes are used for staying at home, as the name implies. Usually, they are made a bit fancier than the ones intended for bathroom purposes
- They can also be used for certain outdoor activities, such as taking a stroll around your neighbourhood, gardening etc.
Who are snap front robes made for?
I would really love to say they are made for everybody, but the truth is you will commonly find women’s snap front robes as they are designed for women.
However, it may not be impossible to find snap front robes for men.
What makes snap front robes good for seniors?
There is primarily one thing that makes snap front robes good for seniors, and that’s the comfort it provides. As loose-fitting garments, they successfully keep the elders body well aerated.
Factors to consider before buying snap front robes for Elderly
- Material: choose a material you’ll feel comfortable wearing. Don’t go for the robe simply because of its design if you’ll not feel relaxed wearing it. Also, choose a material because of the purpose you intend the robe to serve
- The purpose: as stated earlier, snap front robes serve in different capacities. So, if you want a snap front bathrobe, choose a material that absorbs water or wicks it away, at least. If you want one for outdoor purposes, don’t buy a see-through robe (as you can see through some)
- The number of snaps: some robes come with as few as three or four snaps. They should be better than those you have to fasten all the way down. Robes with snaps that extend all the way to the end of the garment would prove bothersome for the senior because fastening the snaps down would be too much strain on the waist as you bend down to do so
- Design: if you need the robes for outdoor purposes such as those earlier stated or for staying at home (but not as a bathroom robe or nightwear), then choosing robes with fancy designs and decorations would be ideal
- Pockets: come in handy when you have light-weighted things you need to carry around, such as your eyeglasses or mobile phones. Putting your hands in your pockets also creates a degree of balance as you move around
- The user’s height: certain changes occur in our body as we age. We tend to shrink in height or bend over while walking or both. Most snap front robes are made long. But whatever your height is, you will always find a length suitable for it. The height-length factor is important because you do not want the robe getting in the way and causing an accident while the senior is in motion
National Seersucker Snap Front House Coat
The National Seersucker Snap Front robe is undeniably designed with your comfort in mind. It has the following features
- Colour blocking around the slit created for the snaps, the neck and the hands
- It is made from woven cotton-polyester
- The robe is fastened with snaps
- It has puckered stripes
- Side seam pockets
- It is yarn-dyed
- Temperature regulation: the puckers on the stripe permits the circulation of air and the dissipation of heat. This process regulates the body temperature and keeps the skin cool and fresh. This makes the robe perfect for use in a hot environment or weather
- Design: the design of the robes makes one feel like staying at home all day. Each detail on the design appears carefully thought out and executed. The applique floral design and colour blocking give credence to this
- Colour retention: it retains its colour brightness irrespective of how many times you wash it. This is because it is yarn-dyed. By this, I mean the yarns used in making them were dyed before being woven into a fabric
- Laundering: it is easy to wash. It can be machine washed or hand washed- whatever is convenient for you
- Snaps: the snaps make it easy to fasten and unfasten the robe
- The designs on it are too fanciful for any outdoor purpose.
National Snap Front Fleece Robe
The Snap front robe by National is for the woman who values her style and comfort. It has the following specifications:
- For decorative purpose, hummingbirds are embroidered on the robe
- It is made of cotton and polyester-fleece, hence the name
- There are seam pockets added by the sides of the robe
- The neck and sleeves are rib-knit trimmed
- Its’ snaps go all the way up to the neck
- The snaps go all the way down
- Insides of the robe is brushed
- Long sleeves
- Winter: it is an ideal robe for winter because of the warmth it provides
- Pockets: you can conveniently carry around light-weighted things in your pockets with this robe
- Maintenance: of the robe is easy. They can be hand washed or machine washed and dried, whichever will be convenient for you
- Style and design: you may be tempted to wear this robe for an outing. To add to the beauty of the robe, hummingbirds have been embroidered.
- Warmth: it is made of a fusion of cotton and polyester fleece. The fleece wicks away moisture from the body to the cotton which absorbs moisture. This keeps the body dry, fresh and regulates the body temperature. The cotton also provides warmth for the body.The rib-knit trimmed neck and long sleeves; and the ankle-length of the robe also provides extra warmth for the body
- The snaps: go all the way down. Bending down or over to fasten them could be bothersome
- Other seasons: it may not be convenient for use in hot weather because of its long sleeves and length
AmeriMark Housecoat Robe
AmeriMark, as a brand, is a leading direct marketer of women’s apparels and has been offering exceptional services for more than 50 years. The AmeriMark housecoat robe has the following features:
- It is made of a combination of two materials- 55% cotton and 45% polyester
- The robe has a medium texture. It doesn’t feel thick, neither does it feel thin
- It is colourfully designed with patterns of horizontal and vertical lines
- Its buttons run from the chest till almost the end of the fabric
- There are two patch pockets by the sides of the robe
- Embroidered butterfly designs
- Medium length
- Night robe: it makes for an excellent sleeping gown
- Design: the designs on the robe are simple, yet beautiful
- Comfort: this is provided by the texture and make of the robe, as well as the length of the robe
- Summer: perfect for use in summer because it is light and doesn’t cover all the body
- The length: its medium length eliminates the possibility of the senior stepping on the robe and falling
- The pockets: you could put things you’d like to have handy in your pockets if they have lightweights
- It could be challenging for seniors with shaky hands caused by arthritis, Parkinson’s disease or any other related bone problem to fasten the buttons
- It won’t be suitable for use when there is cold because it doesn’t adequately cover the body
Ekouaer Women Front Zipper Robe
Ekouaer is a clothing brand that specializes in women clothing. This robe has the following features
- It is fastened with zippers which makes it different from those fastened with buttons or snaps
- They are half-sleeved which means that the sleeves are not long, neither are they short
- A combination of two materials make up this robe- 65% cotton and 35% polyester
- The robe has a lightweight, courtesy of its materials
- It has two pockets, one by each side of the robe
- Design: the robe has a simple, yet classy two-colour design, except for the colour of the zipper
- The pockets: by the side adds beauty to the gown, lets you walk around with things you’ll like to keep handy and putting your hands in them provides a sort of comfort and balance
- Suitable for: sleeping, staying indoors and around-the-house outdoor functions. They also make for a comfortable loungewear
- Seasons: it is lightweight which makes it perfect for use in late summer and autumn
- The fastener: which is a zipper is easy to use
- The zippers separate, which means you’ll have to put one half of the zipper into the eyelet of the other before you can zip it. This could prove dicey to execute, especially for seniors with shaky hands
Casual Nights Women’s Zipper Robe
Most users of this robe reviewed that they love it, and it could be because of the features and benefits it offers
- It has semi-long sleeves. The sleeves extend beyond the elbow but not up to the wrist
- There are embroidered flowers around its neck to add to the beauty of the robe
- The length of the robe stops around the mid-calf
- It is made of 100% polyester
- It is fastened with zippers
- It has inbuilt side pockets
- The sleeves: the ¾ sleeves make it convenient for doing a lot of things around the house, such as washing plates, without it getting in your way. At the same time, it provides warmth
- Softness and comfort: it has a soft feel against the skin because of its fleece lining. This contributes to making it cosy
- Use: it can be used in spas, shower houses, for lounging, for sleeping, for simply staying at home etc
- A user reported that the robe shrinks after washing.
You could, however, prevent this by following the care guidelines below
- You could wash with your hands or a washing machine using warm water
- If you use a washing machine, tumble dry
- If you need to iron it, do so under low heat.
Our favourite robe amongst the 5 best snap front robes for seniors reviewed above is the National seersucker Snap front housecoat. This is because, in addition to satisfying all the earlier stated factors to consider before buying a robe, it also regulates the body temperature with its puckers.
It is important that you consciously commit to keeping yourself comfortable when at home. This makes robes perfect for indoor use. You wear tight dresses almost all day. It is time to give your body some freedom with loose-fitting clothes while at home or around the house.