To help reduce the discomfort that comes with bed wetting, it is advisable to get bed wetting pads and sheets protection for adults.
It is often misconstrued that only children have the ‘right’ to bed wet because they are yet to learn how to control their bowel especially while they are asleep. But from studies, we learn that bed wetting is caused by several factors including age and sickness.
For seniors, old age is one of the cause of bed wetting. This is because bowel control ability is reduced, and even when it is not, they may be immobile and need someone or compact walkers to move seniors around
Why Bedwetting Pads and Sheet Protection for Adults?
It is suggested that bedwetting stops among kids as they advance in age. But any parent would not specifically point at any age where their kids stopped bedwetting. Some individuals stopped bedwetting in their early twenties. Though this been reported by some parents to occur on rare occasions, it still does not demystify why some adults still bed wet.
Of course, we can’t expect babysitters, parents or guardians to stop a child from peeing. In fact, it is unnatural to think of any method that will impede the formation and removal of urine from the body. The method feasible for any kid or adult that bed wets are to cushion the effects of having a bed drenched in urine. You can’t take away the fact that rooms with wet mattresses do not produce nice air.
Household mattresses are made in such a way that when they come in contact with liquid, they do not produce nice sensations.
In order to avoid the unpleasant odor that oozes out from a typical, there is a need to cover these mattresses
Imagine a couple, having three kids that wet their beds every night? Imagine a family that brought over their bed wetting grannies to stay with them for a while? Many parents and babysitters have adopted the strategy of using washable bed wetting pads for their wards.
Also, bedwetting protections for the aged people are being used on beds in order to ensure that the beds are kept dry and neat after every long night sleep. It would not be pleasant to entertain guests or host visitors in a house that is filled with smelly mattresses.
What can be done for a bedwetting adult?
A bed wetting adult is expected to be more cognitive in thinking compared to a kid. Normally, a health professional would advise a bedwetting adult to do the following:
- Reduce the volume of liquid intake especially when it is close to bedtime.
- Set alarms to wake up at intervals, so as to be able to pee in the toilets at those intervals
- Reduce the intake of starchy foods and carbohydrates
- Go to medical check-up or book appointments with a health professional for healthy tips
The tips above are suitable for any adult that bed wets but it can only help them reduce the amount of urine their body system would deposit for the long spells of the night, but it does not stop bed wetting.
In aged individuals, bed wetting can be related to the weakness of the muscles of the bladder leading to an uncontrollable discharge of urine.
Since bed wedding is almost uncontrollable for such adults, what then are the necessary reactive measures to adopt? The best solution is to get incontinence bed covers which are tailored to reduce the stench from a wet bed.
It would prevent the urine from soaking the mattresses, thereby keeping the rooms and the beds neat.
Four reasons why you should get a bed wetting sheets protection for adults?
As said earlier in aged individuals, bed wetting can be highly uncontrollable. Hence, a reactive measure seems like the best approach that can be reduce the downstream from wetting the bed. Here are five common reasons why any bed wetting adult should have bed wetting sheets protection:
- Eradicates odor from homes: In a house where many beds are wet from urine, there is always an aggressive stench oozing out from such houses. It makes guests and relatives who may come for visits uncomfortable throughout their stay. It is important to have bed sheet protectors for bed wetting adults in such homes.
- Ensures a clean bed and room: Offensive odors attract insects such as houseflies and cockroaches. It can also attract rats and other rodents. When these animals start drawing closer to such homes, there is a high possibility that the environment will be dirty and filthy.
- To help maintain a healthy living: The odor from a bed drenched in urine can be choking if it is not dried out. This choking smell is already a health hazard especially to aged individuals staying in the polluted bed or room. To ensure healthy living, bed should be covered with waterproof sheets for protection against incontinence.
- Eliminating low self-esteem: Imagine a fifty-year-old lady who bed wets inviting her friends over to her house? There is a high probability that her friends would love to be in her room. What if she bed wets and her bed stinks? How would she feel before her friends? The use of bed wetting sheets protection is very important in a scenario like this. It would keep her bed dry and prevents any stench that may arise from a wet mattress.
It is reasonable to believe that these reasons are enough to convince any adult that bed wetting should not be an embarrassment to them. All problems are said to have solutions. The solution to bedwetting is here.
Premium Quality Bed Pad, Quilted, Waterproof, and Washable
As a top-rated product, this product is designed to give bed wetting individuals stress-free night. It contains a layer of waterproof sheets for bedwetting individuals, ensuring dry nights for them.
- Inner core locks in moisture
- Non slip backing
- Quilted three layered fabric for super absorption
- Very large surface area at 52" x 34"
- Tested and certified in the Laboratory to be free of deadly carcinogens.
- It is soft to the skin with quilted surface designed for comfort
- It is big enough to cover all sizes of beds (large or small) perfectly
- It is highly reusable and unlike other bed wetting sheets protection, this product can survive up to 300 wash cycles.
- It is easily washable and water-absorbent
- It is a bit stiff
GoodNites Disposable Bed Mats for Bedwetting
- Soft material
- Adhesive strips
- Super absorbent technology
- 36 disposable bed mats in a pack
- Suitable for a twin bed
- It is very portable
- This product measures 30" x 36" and can fit in all sizes of beds
- It is made with soft material that allows for peaceful night sleep
- It can be used bed wetting kids and adults as well.
- The adhesive on the mats makes it steady such that when individuals rill on them, they still hold firm.
- The adhesive can be too strong; making the pads rip when they are being removed from the mattress.
- Most times, the mat leaves dents of white plastics on the bed when they are pulled out. This creates extra work as they would have to be cleaned off with only soap and water.
Brosive Incontinence Bed Pads Disposable for Adults and Children
This product is highly rated by consumers, suggesting that it provides a classy solution for incontinence. This incontinence bed cover contains rubber sheets for bed wetting adults which can also be used for pets and children. The features are good enough to make the product a highly rated one
- Multi-purpose uses
- Superb absorbing capacity
- Strong seals on the four sides
- Non-permeable years at the bottom
- Good absorbing capacity: The combination of fluffy pulp and SAP factor ensures that liquids are easily absorbed to avoid causing an odor when they hit the mattress. This is to make sure that the individual enjoys comfort even after bedwetting as the cold liquid would not be able to touch the skin
- Waterproof quality: a back sheet is embedded inside the product, containing polypropylene which ensures that the surface of the beds is kept dry. There are non-permeable layers contained in the sheets as well.
- Multiple uses: This product can be used for pets, kids, and adults. It can also be used for chairs, floors, baby cradles and beds. It is the perfect protection for incontinence for all individuals of all ages
- It easily tears once it comes in contact with a little tension. This is a serious downside to the product since a product suggested to be suitable for pets, kids and adults should be able to withstand tears and wears to a high extent.
- It does not absorb a high volume of liquid.
Sures Waterproof Mattress Protector
- Strong fluid repelling ability including urine, perspiration etc.
- Comfort and classy
- Non-toxic membrane
- Coated with polyurethane laminate
- Machine washable
- It provides comfort and coolness to its users. With the presence of non-toxic membrane, this product serves as a good plastic sheet for bed wetting control. The waterproof sheets are ultra-thin and are perfect for pets and kids as well.
- It is machine washable and can dry easily even with a little exposure to mild heat.
- The product comes with 60 days guarantee for its buyers and is cost-efficient.
- It is fragile and may not be used for a very long period of time.
FIT-FLEX Incontinence Underwear for Men
Most users of this robe reviewed that they love it, and it could be because of the features and benefits it offers
- High absorbent rate
- Elastic fabric
- Comfortable fabric
- Available in various sizes
- It fits perfectly to the user with elastic strings which hold tight to the waist.
- It is designed to control odor from incontinence.
- It does not guarantee comfortable hours of sleep at night since the underwear might get filled up with urine due to incontinence. This would definitely make the user uncomfortable
- The tight elastic bands may not suitable for sleep at night due to health reasons. Night wears are meant to free to allow easy flow of blood around the body.
The products listed and described above are not the only products recommended for protection against bed wetting or incontinence. There are different products with different designs existing in the same niche with these five products above.
However, of all these five products described and reviewed above, the Premium Quality Bed Pad, Quilted, Waterproof, and Washable stands out as our favorite pick. This is because it meets all the requirements set by a user when looking out for products that protect against bed wetting and incontinence. All users are probably going to look for products that can absorb high volumes of liquids throughout the long spells of the night. This product meets such requirements.
Also, the product is highly usable and can be used by both kids and adults. This is a high cost-saving strategy which the manufacturers have presented to its buyers. It is safe to believe that it is a driving force for users.
Bed wetting protection for adults is very necessary as it ensures healthy living, comfortable homes and clean homes are maintained by consumers.